We are planting Community Orchards in the Borough. We aim to have small orchards or fruit trees in every ward.
The orchards are different sizes and have different varieties of fruit trees. They are free, and open to everyone to visit.
Community orchard locations
- Comet Way (rear of Talbot Road)
- Alban Way (at Branch Close, Ground Lane and Foxhollows)
Welwyn Garden City
The largest orchard is at Woodhall open space (at the junction of Chequers and Broadwater Road).
There are also micro orchards at:
- Stonehills (opposite John Lewis)
- Furzefield Road
- Lemsford Lane and Newfields (the junction of)
- Beehive Green
- Sheepcote (near Howlands)
- School Lane and White Hill, Welwyn (openspace)
- Forge Orchard, Hertford Road, Digswell (keyholder access only)
Getting involved with community orchards
If you would like to get involved, join the Tree Warden Scheme.