Report a Change of Circumstance

If you receive benefits, you must report any change in your circumstances by completing the form below.

You will be asked to provide your: 

  • name
  • address
  • email address
  • telephone number
  • benefits claim reference number (top, right-hand side of any benefits letter or email)
  • National Insurance Number​

Some changes may affect the amount of benefits you receive.

All changes must be reported to the Council within 21 days. These include:

  • a reduction in the number of residents to one person
  • an increase in the number of residents from one person to two or more
  • a property that becomes empty
  • change of address
  • a change of income for anyone within the household
  • a registered taxpayer that is deceased

Under the Fraud Act 2006, it is an offence to knowingly provide us with false or incorrect information, which affects your council tax liability.

You may also be committing an offence under the same act if you fail to inform the Council of a change in your circumstances.

For independent advice and support, please call Citizens Advice on 03444 111 444.

You can also view the discounts and exemptions that may be available to you.

Report a Change of Circumstance