Maximum taxi fares
The maximum fares a taxi can charge are shown below.
- If the distance is less than 525 yards (480 metres) for the whole distance £3.00
- If the distance is more than 525 yards (480 metres) £3.00 for the first 525 yards (480 metres) then 20p for every 150 yards (137 metres)
- 40p for each minute
These charges are not per passenger.
- hire between 11pm and 7am + 50%
- hire between 7am and midnight +50%
- hire between 7pm and midnight Christmas and New Years Eve + 50%
- hire on Bank Holidays (Except Christmas and Boxing Day) + 50%
- hire on Christmas, Boxing Day, and between midnight and 7am New Years Day + 100%
- fouling of the vehicle by passengers or their animals up to £100.00