Severe Mental Impairments Council Tax discount

If you live with someone with a Severe Mental Impairment you may be able to get a Council Tax discount. 

If everyone at the property has a Severe Mental Impairment it is exempt from Council Tax.

If you have a Severe Mental Impairment you will have a certificate from a doctor to confirm this.

If you have moved Welwyn Hatfield and already have a certificate from another council send this to us at .

Or, apply using the  Council Tax Discount for Severely Mentally Impaired People form. You can also get this form from the Council Tax office.